Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1/2 lb butter
1/2 lb cream cheese
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
- Cream butter & cream cheese.
- Add sugar and 3 eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, 2 eggs & vanilla, mix well again.
- Grease and powder a tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
Courtesy of Harrisburg Hospital’s 100th Anniversary Cookbook
3 overripe bananas
1 1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1/4 cup butter
4 tbs milk-chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and egg.
- Melt butter in microwave, and add it to the bowl, and stir until just blended.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Source: May 2003 Parenting Magazine