This year’s PTA fundraiser will be a Read-a-thon! We hope this will be a fun and successful way to raise the money needed to sponsor all of the enrichment opportunities and programs planned for this year. In order to make our goal, we hope each child will attempt to raise at least $50. As always, we appreciate your support!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Children will seek out sponsors, who will pledge money for each book read through November 15.
- Sponsorships can be “per book” or simply a flat amount.
- Books should be age-appropriate, and parents of younger children are welcome to read with their child(ren).
- Children should use the included “book log” to keep a record of books read. Parents, please make sure you are verifying and initialing each entry.
- At the end of the Read-a-thon, children/parents will collect the sponsorship money, put the money and donor log in the provided envelope and place the envelope in the Read-a-thon box in the school office.
- Individual participants will be eligible to win prizes! Raise $50, and have your name entered in the raffle once. Raise $100, get entered twice. You get the idea! Some of our awesome prizes include National Aquarium passes, Sky Zone family fun packs, and autographed books from a well-known author! The top earning class also wins a special experience!
- October 5-October 15: Sponsor sign ups. The reading begins when you are satisfied with your sponsor list, OR on October 15-whichever comes first.
- October 15-November 15: READ-A-THON!
- November 15-December 3: Collect and turn in money from sponsors.
- December 4: Collection Ends! Final day to turn in money.