The End of Year Picnic & Arts Night is fast approaching, and it takes a lot of hard work to make this the most fun family event of the year. Please consider supporting our wonderful art teachers by helping them prepare our children’s art for the show. Starting TODAY, volunteers needed!
Our tickets are in at SES! Please check your oldest child’s folder!
Baltimore Orioles VS. Tamps Bay Rays
- Game, 5/3 starts at 7:05.
- Seats are located in the Eutaw Street Bleachers, Section 94 & 96
- Portion of the sales go directly to the Stoneleigh Elementary PTA for programs and services.
- For more information email Orioles Fundraiser.
We can’t wait to see you at the Yard! Go O’s!
The PTA is ready to host its 3rd annual Earth Day of Service this Saturday, April 6th from 10a-12pm!
Plan to take some time with your family and make a really big difference at the school. Meet by the climbing playground.
Hope to see you there!
Last year, the beautiful weather brought out 65 volunteers—including school parents, students, siblings and teachers—who cleared the school grounds, and especially the stream and surrounding woods, of more than 750 lbs. of trash. Some highlights:
- 20 full bags of trash and recyclables
- Approx. 250 lbs. of scrap metal (including an old downed power line, gutters, several rusty sign posts, and a big barrel)
- A few volunteers spent much of their time picking up tiny bits of broken glass in the picnic area below the back playground
- Plastic drink bottles, cans, straws and food packaging were the biggest offenders!
- And tons of old sports balls: tennis, baseball, lacrosse, playground balls
- There was a surprising amount of scrap metal that had been ditched in the woods and stream bed
Attendees learned about the impact of trash on local waterways and the efforts of the Green Committee and the Green Towson Alliance to tackle this and other environmental issues.
The group also got tips on actions we can take in our daily lives to make an impact. After collecting trash, volunteers placed their haul next to signs indicating which of these goals their family would commit to. Here’s what they said they’d do:
- Plant a tree -10%
- No more plastic straws – 50%
- Use reusable shopping bags – 5%
- Recycle more – 25%
- Make a rain barrel – 10%
For pictures of last year’s event, check out the Earth Day Photo Album!
Book Bingo Night 3/08!
BRING A BOOK, WIN A BOOK!
Please join the Stoneleigh PTA for an evening of fun at our Family Book BINGO! Please bring a new or very gently used book (or two or three!) as entry to this event. Books should be appropriate for K-5 (no board books, please) All winners will get to pick out a book from the collection. Any books remaining at the end of the night will be donated.
We’ll have popcorn for snacks and some celebrity BINGO callers to add to the fun! This is not a drop-off event.
Volunteers Needed! We always need volunteers to make sure these events run as smoothly as possible, so please consider helping out with the event.